Sparrow Schools is a registered non-profit organisation that provides affordable, specialized education to disadvantaged youth and children with barriers to learning between the ages of 7 and 18. Sparrow Schools runs a number of separate educational projects.
Situated in Johannesburg, our projects cater for around 600 learners annually. These learners have varying degrees of educational backlog, remedial problems, and other barriers to learning.
The Objectives of Sparrow Schools is to:
- Prepare skilled graduates for the workplace through the delivery of relevant and appropriate vocational and life skills.
- Develop curricula that meet the needs of industries and the learners we serve.
- Provide social interventions that encompass the whole child.
- Provide educational and psychological therapy to ensure that the learner’s educational progress is not unnecessarily delayed.
- Provide an environment in which a learner may fulfill their educational potential